Sunday 15 May 2011

TLC (1) Care and Complexity

Hi

TLC is a big subject.  R Moll and I have been dashing up and down the motorways assisting with caring.  Strokes, dementia, Alzheimers, cancer, we are all getting older and the list of ailments gets longer. 

Off again

And now I too am under doctor’s orders.  You may have noticed a pause in my blog posts.  Well I have a paw’s problem.  No it’s not punny.

My right front is very sore.  Thought it was RSI from all the keyboard work.  But the wonderful Gloria (she is on the home page at www.villagevet.co.uk/milton ) assured me that it was not.  Lured by her smile and her biscuits I am now, as you can see, under medication and treatment.

Only three more days - I hope

There will be a further consultation next Monday and immediate day surgery may be required.  I will be OK.  Gloria is really good.

Patient patient

Back in November 2008, R Moll was near gone.  Heart and lung problems, arthritis, muscle wastage, fainting, we all thought she could not reach Christmas.  I was devastated.  She’s my best chum; she has looked out for me since I was a puppy; she protected me when we were in the Care Institution (some rough characters there I can tell you. See my blog: Prison should work.)

Two heads better than one

Anyhow, Gloria stepped in with new medicines and therapy.  R Moll started hydrotherapy swimming at the Animal Health Trust at Newmarket www.aht.org.uk  He and I used to take her.  We all enjoyed it.  The AHT girls in their wetsuits were Jock 007.  The biscuits and toys were excellent too.

Moll regained muscle and bounce.  However R Moll’s heart is now worse, so the swimming has had to stop.  Still, she stays a happy hungry Labrador, a friend to everyone and my best friend.

This is why I trust Gloria and her network.  Travelling around the country over the last two years, R Moll has had many medical crises.  Using simple fax, telephone and email communication, critical treatment and medication has been co-ordinated and provided on the spot.  It has been simple, effective, immediate and not very expensive.

Foot down - Take five

Him and Her, their friends and families trust the NHS and other care agencies - Professional Skills, Consideration, Courtesy, Commonsense - Five Stars.   Systems, Communication, Co-ordination – One Star.

Crossroads Care is outstanding - Five Stars all round.

Over many years, more than six billion pounds has been and is being spent on the NHS patient information (Summary care record) computer system.  I spotted an email to His MP.  It quoted an informed person in the Cambridgeshire PCT.

“We are still holding off uploading any patient details to the Summary care record, until we are satisfied that the system is safe and fit for purpose.”

Perhaps they should consult Gloria.  It’s a dog’s life.

Paws4Now

Jock

Diuretics! - Spot the Pampers 4+
Pampers Design Instructions in due course. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home